- 10 cups chicken broth
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 and 1/3 cup carrots, diced
- 3.5 cups chicken
- 1 bay leaf
- Fresh ground pepper
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Fresh parsley (optional)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Salt & pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 scant cup of buttermilk
Chicken and Dumpling’s made in the slow cooker.
- Dice all your veggies and chicken.
- Add chicken broth to crock pot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Slow cook on low for 7 hours.
- In med bowl, add eggs and buttermilk and whisk, slowly add flour, baking powder, salt & pepper to taste and nutmeg.
- *Add to soup an hour to hour and half before serving*
- Mix together and spoon into crock pot ( I use tablespoon, I like smaller dumplings)