- 3 cups rice (I had leftover jasmine rice so used that)
- 2 cups chicken ( I used rotisserie chicken)
- 1/2 cup onion, diced (I used white onion)
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped (use the vegetables you like :)
- 2 cups zucchini, diced
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup colby jack
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup cheddar (not sharp)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & pepper
Cheesy Chicken Vegetables and Rice Casserole
Feel free to use the vegetables you have in your refrigerator.
Yellow squash would be good, Fresh peas, Cauliflower… The options are endless lol!
**Tip… If you don’t use zucchini in your recipe add 1/4 cup milk**
- Preheat 350
- I used left over rice and chicken and used the vegetables I had in the refrigerator.
- In large saute pan add butter and onion to med/high heat cook until onion is cooked about half way.
- Then add broccoli and zucchini and I sprinkled the vegetables with a healthy portion of salt saute for 5-7 minutes
- In a large bowl add… soup, sour cream, onion powder, garlic powder and cheese and stir.
- Spray casserole with nonstick spray.
- Dump rice, chicken and soup mixture into casserole and stir in vegetables.
- Bake for 30 minutes uncovered.
- Feel free to garnish with more cheese :)