- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup heaping flour
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked & diced
- Large onion, diced
- 4 potatoes cooked and diced
- 12 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups milk, (I did 3 cups skim milk 1 cup 1/2 & 1/2
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
Cheesy Chicken Vegetable Chowder
- In a med soup pot add butter and onion cook until translucent.
- Add flour cook for 2 mins ( it will be clumpy)
- Add chicken stock and whisk together until well blended.
- Add milk, chicken, potatoes, mixed vegetables, cheeses and spices.
- Stirring continually on med high heat, careful not to boil.
- Once blended and thickened let simmer for 30 minutes then enjoy!