- 1.5/2 cups cooked wild rice
- 4 cups whole milk
- 3 cans chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked chicken
- 2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 onion diced
- 4 stalks celery diced
- 1/4 cup sliced carrots
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup corn starch
- ¼ cup wine (your favorite)
- 1 cup (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 cup real bacon pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ lb bacon for garnish and parsley
Cheesy Chicken Bacon Wild Rice Soup ~
This is a one of a kind soup! Many has many layers of deliciousness. This is a rich & comforting soup has depths of creaminess with cheese and bacon. What’s better? Than then throwing in tender chicken and wild rice. One bowl will leave you satisfied… But craving more! Great with crusty bread.
I would love to hear from you!
Please post your comments below and be sure to rate the recipes you try, by clicking on the 5 star rating.
Sharing the Love of Cooking!
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the onion, celery and carrots and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Then add the corn starch and stir well. Gradually pour in the chicken broth, stirring constantly, until all has been added.
- Bring just to a boil, reduce heat to low and let simmer.
- Next, add the rice, chicken, cheese, bacon, salt & pepper, nutmeg, almonds and wine. Allow to heat through, then pour the milk.
- Let simmer for 1 to 2 hours. Do not boil ~ This is rich but really nummy! Enjoy Fab Foodies!!