- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ small onion, diced
- 3 cups milk
- 4 cups elbow macaroni, cooked
- 6 oz Velveeta
- ½ cup fresh parmesan
- ½ cup cheddar (Extra for the top if you wish)
- 1 heaping tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 heaping tablespoon chicken base
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1.5 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- Pinch cayenne pepper
Homemade Cheeseburger Macaroni ~
If you love cheeseburger’s and macaroni and cheese, you will love love this recipe! I’m not a fan of Velveeta, but it’s wonderful in this recipe. It’s super creamy and cheesy!! What’s not to love? Kids and adults will thank you for making this and will be begging you to make it again.
I would love to hear from you!
Please post your comments below and be sure to rate the recipes you try, by clicking on the 5 star rating.
Sharing the Love of Cooking!
- Brown ground beef and onion in a large skillet, add ketchup, Worcestershire and spices.
- Cook pasta one minute under aldente
- In a med sauce pan add cornstarch, butter and chicken base mix together, until combined.
- Add milk whisk and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down to med/high and add cheeses, continue to whisk until well blended and turn heat off.
- Let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Pour cheese and pasta in with the browned beef skillet, let simmer for 15 minutes.
- I topped mine with cheddar cheese.
- Your family will thank you!