- 5-6 chicken thighs( I used chicken breast)
- 1 package of mushrooms (sliced in half)
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- Garnishes ~ Sesame seeds and cilantro
- 1/4 cup scallions (heaping)
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
Bourbon Chicken and Mushrooms
This has a multilevel of flavors. The sauce has a hint of sweetness and a slight heat. If you don’t like the heat, leave out the red pepper flakes. This is so easy to make. I recommend using boneless thigh, I didn’t have it on hand and the boneless chicken breast turned out great. My husband said this is one of his new favorite recipe
Note… If you don’t like mushrooms, leave them out. If you love mushrooms add more and different kinds.
I recommend adding them the last hour so they don’t get mushy.
Enjoy Fab Foodies ~
If you cook it, please be sure to return and rate it for me
- Spray crock pot with nonstick spray.
- Dice chicken and place in crock pot.
- In med bowl add soy sauce and corn starch and mix together ( so there's no lumps)
- Then add the rest of ingredients(except mushrooms) and stir together and pour over chicken.
- Add mushrooms the last hour.
- Cook on high for one hour and med for three hours or until chicken is tender.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
- Garnish with cilantro and sesame seeds.