- 6 cups chicken broth, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 pound white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Garnish with parsley or chives
Best Mushroom Risotto
- In a med saucepan, warm the broth over low heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms, onions and garlic and cook until soft.
- Remove and set aside.
- In another skillet add 1 tablespoon olive oil and add rice, stirring to coat with oil, about 2 minutes.
- Add wine stirring constantly until the wine is fully absorbed.
- Add 1/2 cup broth to the rice, and stir until the broth is absorbed.
- Continue adding broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring continuously, until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is al dente, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in mushrooms, onions and garlic with their liquid.
- Add1 tablespoon butter and parmesan.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish ~ With parsley or chives