- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Best Chocolate Zucchini Cake
I love..love this cake!!
It’s super moist and dense so rich. You’ll need a scoop of ice cream and tall glass of milk.
Note… The batter does seem runny, don’t let that worry you.
Sour milk… Just add one heaping teaspoon of lemon juice or white vinegar
You can use 2 cups or 2.5 cups both works well.
I recommend not frosting it because it already so rich, I just dusted it with powder sugar. It’s whatever “you” like :
I hope you enjoy this is much as I do!
If you make it be sure to rate it for me
- In large bowl add melted butter, oil, vanilla, sour milk, eggs and sugar mix together.
- Add all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Mix in zucchini.
- Spray 9x13 inch glass pan and pour batter into pan and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake 40-45 @ 350F or until toothpick comes out clean.