- 6 baked potatoes (diced) Bake @400 for 45/50 mins
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup bacon drippings
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup chives
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 cups bacon (chopped and some extra for garnish)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese (plus some for garnish)
Baked Potato Soup
- In a large stock pot add butter, bacon drippings and onion cook until onion is translucent.
- Add flour and stir for one minute and gradually add chicken stock, whisking as your adding.
- Let cook for 15 mins and add potatoes, bacon and seasonings.
- Let simmer for 30 mins and add sour cream, cheese, half and half and chives bring almost up to a boil and remove from heat.
- Let the feast begin! Add some cayenne pepper if you want to heated it up :)
- Garnish with bacon and cheese.