- 2 unbaked pie crusts
- 8 eggs
- 3/4 lb crispy bacon, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, 1/8 inch ribbon and salt
- 12 asparagus, snap ends off and dice
- 1/4 of large onion, diced fine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Crack pepper to taste
- 2 cups mozzarella
- 1.5 cups Swiss
Bacon, Zucchini And Asparagus Quiche
- Preheat oven to 400 and par-bake pie shells 5-7 minutes.
- Then turn oven to 350.
- Ribbon zucchini and lay on clean towel ** not paper towels, it sticks ** sprinkle with a healthy pinch of salt, to get rid of the moisture let sit for at least 15 minutes and pat dry.
- In med sauce pan add butter, asparagus, onion and zucchini and sauté for 7-10 minutes ** you still want a slight crunch to the asparagus.
- In blender add eggs, half and half, salt and pepper and evaporated milk blend.
- Now you can pour into a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients and with a dipper ladle into pie crusts… Or add all the rest of the ingredients to the blender and pour into pie shells.
- My oven it took 43 minutes to cook.